Recruitment drives are passe…
Let the right talent know your brand and get to know them too, before the actual hiring!
Want to know how?
Our client 101reporters, a media company, came to us with the requirement of hiring interns for writing/reporting stories.
Hiring wasn’t just it, they had the vision of ‘hitting two birds with one stone’. Alongside recruitment, increasing brand awareness in Journalism colleges was their goal too.
So, we delivered.
This made us realise that attracting talent shouldn’t be restricted to that desperate time of filling a vacancy or hiring for a new position.
Instead, keeping an eye out for good talent must be an on-going activity.
After all, a good team can take your startup to places you could only wish for. Imagine having self-motivated, eager to learn members with the right aptitude in your company; working on as many projects becomes effortless.
As 101 reporters recognised this, we were happy to brainstorm with them on a plan.
Skeleton of our plan
- Step 1: We identified a Journalism college, that had a student interned with 101 reporters in the past. Making her the brand ambassador for our Project, the next step was to conceptualise an idea to engage with the students and in the process create productive brand awareness.
- Step 2: We came up with a plan to conduct a photo-journalism competition. The objective was well defined, we wanted 100 students to know about 101 reporters at the end of the competition and get 3 leads for prospective interns.
- Step 3: We worked out the rest of the mechanics of the campaign including permissions and content plan for respective channels.
Through the process of execution, we had to use an offline push and our student ambassador, Archita Puranik did an incredible outreach by conducting a QnA with participants and distributing marketing materials without spamming.
Now to share with you a little about the competition –
- Target Audience: Banasthali college of Journalism, BA(JMC) students, BA9(JMC) students irrespective of the year
- Name: Stories in Photos, A Photography Competition
- Theme: National Girl Child Day
- Giveaways: 3 winners were announced and 5 noteworthy mentions. Winners also win a direct internship interview along with getting published on exclusive 101reporters news website.
- Winner 1: Amazon Gift Voucher of Rs.5000
- Winner 2: Amazon Gift Voucher of Rs.2000
- Winner 3: Amazon Gift Voucher of Rs.1000
Instead of broadcasting over common social media channels where it might not be seen by the college students, we chose to broadcast our message on targeted Whatsapp Groups, distributing flyers outside classrooms and college message boards.
We are happy that not only did we meet the objectives we had set ourselves for, but we also got on board an exceptional talent, Gargi Sharma.
It’s not often where you get a client who is crystal clear with their objective, willing to innovate and invests a significant lot of its team in executing the campaign.
We consider ourselves lucky 🙂
101reporter’s editorial team and photo-journalists created a rigorous process for judging the entries so that the competition retained it’s quality, worthy of their brand name.
Snapshot of the campaign outcome
If you want better interns for your organization, creating an engagement drive in colleges is your best bet. Don’t rely solely on the intern search websites, sometimes they may not give you the best results. Conducting this activity in a short span of time with less resources is very doable.
Not many agencies can help with you an integrated campaign using offline & online channels, so here we are.
- If you are pressed on time, and want us to bring in our learning and organise your competition for brand awareness, EMAIL US.
- If you have questions on this campaign, feel free to DM us on Twitter / Facebook.